Thursday, 11 December 2014

90:10 Hoodie Review a.k.a. COMFORT TIME!

Hi all,

My first blog post for a while, I had taken a short break but I am back online and have some exciting things coming up soon! First of all I wanted to share with you a review of an excellent hoodie from a clothing company called 90:10, here is their website and I urge you to check it out: 


So I was recently emailed by a nice chap called Dan Glatman, who started the company a while back, asking me if I would like to review one of their hoodies. Obviously being a massive fan of hoodies, I was intrigued and so checked out the website to see what I thought. After a look at the clothes and reading a bit about the company, I can tell you it was right up my street! So I emailed back Dan and we got chatting, and he was kind enough to send me out one of their hoodies to try out. Here it is being modelled by The Invisible Man:


I shall tell you how I got on in a second, first of all here is a bit of a biog about 90:10 from Dan himself and how it came to be:

90:10 is a new and exciting brand for men who consider themselves to be 90% Grown up and 10% not. Encapsulated within the brand's message is some recognition for a guy for getting his act together but at the same time reminding him that that this doesn't mean that he is now over the hill...far from it! We all have responsibilities but I don't accept that just because I am no longer a teenager or in my early 20's at college, I have lost the ability to have fun or have forgotten how to enjoy myself...Far from it! This is what a guy is expressing about himself if he wears 90:10. For the lion's share of the time, we all have to take life seriously but not all the time!  My vision is to marry humorous and innovative branding to stylish and great quality clothing delivered to the customer at the right price in an environmentally responsible way.
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
People will interpret 90:10 in different ways and how it applies to them and that is all part of the fun. The intention is to start a positive and light hearted conversation with men by demonstrating that the brand cares about the same things that they care about.

90:10's routes are steeped in humour as it was born out of a merry conversation in a pub!

So when I heard that 90:10 was born out a pub conversation I thought that this is a guy and a company I can understand! I have had several pub conversations that have led to various escapades over the years, everything from ending up with me becoming a Lord (genuinely, I own land in Cumbria and I have Lord as my title on my Nectar card), to committing myself to eating nothing but 30 fish fingers a day for a whole week (fishy). I’m not a huge brand person normally, but after reading about 90:10 and speaking to Dan, I loved the whole concept and something about it spoke to me as a Man-Child (and lover of comfy clothes), so I was happy to get behind it and support a smaller business, and especially one that prides itself on being responsible and sustainable within the textiles industry.

For the review I was sent a Navy Blue “Signature” Embroidered Pullover Hoodie. I chose a Medium fit, as the website guide stated the Medium was a normal fit (not extra-fitted or baggy etc). Here is me wearing it in my kitchen.


The first thing I noticed about this was how comfy the material was! I can tell you it’s made of 100% organic cotton, and it feels amazing! Almost suede-like in its softness. It feels so comfy actually that it's resulted in me telling people to touch my arms whenever I have worn it to show them how it feels, with the results coming back as ‘Oooohs’, ‘Ahhhs’ and one ‘Is this material magic?’

The fit on it is brilliant as well, the Medium is a perfect size for me, so I’m glad I looked at the size guide on the website as it was just right. It’s not too baggy and any smaller it wouldn’t fit me.
It’s not a very thick hoodie, so I wasn’t sure how it would hold up in the cold, but I’ve pretty much been wearing it every night since I have got it and it’s been great. I’ve never been sweating in it, but it has always kept me warm, and I have even done a few quick supermarket runs out in the cold without needing my normal big winter coat.

It has a hood with drawstrings which are made of proper thick white material, and not cheapy white string like on some lesser-hoodies, so it can take some proper hood tightening when windy. There is also a small 90:10 embroidered logo on the chest, and it has a kangaroo pouch for your hands/car keys/Dairy Milk at the front. It’s also worth pointing out that my wife mentioned she loved the hoodie and especially the colour, as Navy suits me and it made me look slim and handsome (comfy AND attractive, bonus!).




Because it’s fitted well and not huge thick material, I have been using it for all sorts – lounging around, doing house jobs, going out to the shops, going to the pub etc, and I feel like I'm just wearing a really comfy warm t-shirt. I’ve never been doing something where I felt I needed to take it off – so it’s a real everyday hoodie to wear – but smart enough that you could wear it out and not feel a scruff. I even wore it without a t-shirt a couple of times and it was still really comfy. I’ve actually pretty much just been wearing it for an entire week solid!

If like me you have started running in the cold weather, or do other outside activity, I think it would be pretty good to exercise in due to the light weight of it, and the fact it does keep you warm. I haven’t done any in mine yet as I don’t want to get it all sweaty! But I can imagine in the (slightly) warmer months ahead I would happily wear just the hoodie while running.


Albert snuggling up against me in the hoodie.

I would say the only downside is when I did take it off one night, the next morning my cat had fallen asleep on it and used it as a bed. So I would recommend hanging it up if you have pets unless you are willing to share it (I’m not, that’s why I have work trousers for the cat to sleep on – not my nice clothes!)

I would recommend you have a look and see what else 90:10 has to offer. They also do t-shirts, other styles of hoodies, zip-ups and normal sweatshirts. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on them in the future to see how the brand grows. It’s also worth checking out the descriptions of the items, there is a 90 section (grown-up) that gives you all the normal information like material used and sizes etc, and a 10 section (the NOT) that gives you info that you probably want to know more – eg good for lounging in/comfy as you like etc. that is probably how a good mate would describe it to you.

Here is a selection of some of the other products they have:





Overall I was so pleased with the hoodie, I love wearing something so comfy. It’s priced at £42 online, which I think is a great price for an extremely comfy, well made hoodie from a company with a great ethos that you can wear every day. I’ve been chatting to Dan back and forth and really appreciate and understand what he is trying to do and what he’s done with 90:10 so far, it’s hit a chord with me. He’s even given me some running tips and marathon advice! So I would definitely recommend checking it out. The website is below. Dan has kindly agreed for any readers that want to get something from the site, that a 20% discount is available by using the code ‘BLOG’ upon checkout. Awesome!


Finally, one of the perks of wearing a hoodie for me is that I always have at the back of my mind a tickling thought that I’m basically Rocky Balboa, so no shots of me wearing a hoodie would be complete without a standard Rocky Pose below. ADDRRRRIIIAANNNNN!!!!



Disclaimer: I was sent a 90:10 hoodie for the purpose of this review, all words and opinions are my own. I’d probably be writing a review on the hoodie anyway though, as I am proper pleased with it!

2 comments:

  1. Let us commence a journey into the much travelled topic of buy kids trousers UK. The constantly changing fashionable take on buy kids trousers UK demonstrates the depth of the subject. Given that its influence pervades our society, several of todays most brilliant minds seem incapable of recognising its increasing relevance to understanding future generations. Often it is seen as both a help and a hinderence to those most reliant on technology, who are yet to grow accustomed to its disombobulating nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ I'm new here~~Play Archeage?Follow 2archeage

    Buy Archeage Gold ------ Cheap Archeage Gold

    ReplyDelete